Interested in learning more about the values, principles and practices that enable effective agile / lean software development and business innovation, consider joining TheAgileFactor for an upcoming LIVE event – all events focus on providing practical information using interactive techniques so come prepared to learn while playing and interacting with others:
Confirmed Upcoming Events:
April 28 – May 2, 2016 – Agile Games 2016 & Mob Programming Conferences – Boston, MA
- I’m honored to have served as a program co-chair with Richard Kasperowski to have fielded a program of over 25 presenters focusing on a variety of methods to use games and interactive activities to improve agile software development. I’m also presenting the “Lean Startup LEGO Learning Lab” allowing participants to practice their experiment and measurement definition skills necessary to build a foundation for guided team improvements.
May 5-6, 2016 – Agile and Beyond – Ypsilanti, MI
- Join me to experience “Lean Startup LEGO Learning Lab” for more practice on how to define experiments and measurements to guide improvements – then prepare to be challenged to work as a team, respond to change, limit work-in-progress, and prioritize by value while playing “FireDice”.
May 16-18, 2016 – Lean Kanban North America – San Diego, CA
- On Monday evening, 5/16/2016, I was invited to help conference attendees get ready for the conference beach party with a Movie Night entitled: Going “Gung Ho” for Lean Software Development – I’ll use clips from the classic 1980s movie “Gung Ho” starring Michael Keaton to show you a unique way to help others understand the benefits provided by adopting lean practices – then it’s off to the Beach. On Wednesday, 5/18/2016, I am offering a portfolio kanban simulation workshop allowing participants to explore how to best implement the synchronization cadence of the Enterprise Service Planning (ESP) Framework.
July 25-29, 2016 – Agile 2016 – Atlanta, GA
- Join me to help welcome the 19 outstanding sessions that Olav Massen and a group of dedicated volunteers coached and reviewed to create the absolutely awesome “Learning” track for this year’s Agile Alliance conference – this year’s track has a variety of sessions showcasing methods to increase learning at all levels of the organization. I will also be sharing a workshop on the Leadership track that will allow participants to experience a modeling technique that can be used to improve performance reviews. Lastly, join myself and a real customer of mine, Kevin Simpkins, to experience a collaborative ideation framework we have created entitled “Let’s Be Awesome” as a way to establish and sustain effective customer relationships throughout a software development project – “Let’s Be Awesome” has been included on the Agile2016 working with customers track.
October 14-16, 2016 – Agile Coach Camp United States (#ACCUS) – St. Louis, MO
- In October 2016, you are invited to join me and up to 200 other agilists as I convene a weekend long self-organized coach camp in St. Louis, MO, USA. We will begin with a Playcamp on Friday, October 14 for those that want to focus on play, then transition to a 2-day open space coach camp on October 15-16, 2016.
Tentative Events – things we’ve been talking about but haven’t set a date yet:
- Columbia, MO – Spring/Summer 2016 – CoMo rocks (it’s now SEC country so you can get Zaxby’s there) so looking forward to returning – the rumor is you want to experience “FireDice” – we will see about making that happen.
- Indianapolis, IN – Summer 2016 – AgileIndy didn’t work out but we’re talking about “FireDice” to focus on managing WIP for an Indianapolis Agile Meetup in summer 2016 – details TBA.
Prior 2016 Events
April 7-9, 2016 – Agile Alliance Technical Conference – Raleigh, NC
- After throwing a crazy after-hours learning party with Llewellyn Falco in fall 2015 and organizing a few Agile Games conferences, I have been invited to help organize the “Fun over Study” area where we will be showcasing a variety of interactive techniques to better understand and apply agile technical practices – join us to see how to add a bit of fun and play as we explore technical topics.
April 18, 2016 – Lean Kanban St. Louis – St. Louis, MO
- I’ll be sharing something awesome – tentatively a preview of a portfolio kanban simulation for the upcoming Lean Kanban North America 2016 conference.
April 22, 2016 – St. Louis Agile Open Space III – St. Louis, MO
- Join me to participate in a 1-day Open Space event focusing on ways to improve learning at all levels of the organization (self, team, workgroup, organization) – Thiagi, an internationally known learning coach and consultant, will join us for a morning keynote sharing some of his 400+ learning games, in the afternoon, I’ll breaking out the Empathy Toys to demonstrate and discuss what empathy really is – plus it’s Open Space so you can join us and share too.